To get folks to genuinely invest in your work, they need to grasp what makes it extraordinary
Artist Statements 101: Why You Need One, and How To Write It
Are you struggling with writing artist statements? Maybe you put off writing them until the absolute last minute? Or maybe you’ve just avoided the issue altogether by telling yourself that you don’t really need one?
The truth is, having an artist statement helps your customers connect with your art, understand your creative drive, and get excited about your work.
That's why I'm hosting this free virtual workshop on Wed., Oct. 4th at 6:00 pm Eastern Time.
In this free workshop, we’ll dive into why an artist statement is your secret weapon, no matter where you are on your creative journey. Plus, I'll teach you how to pour your heart into it without coming off as a pompous jack-ass.🤓
In this free workshop, you will:
- Learn my proven strategies for writing an artist statement that feels authentically you.
- Learn the different types of artist statements and when you need them.
- Learn the main mistakes I see in artist statements and how to avoid them.
- Learn to make writing artist statements easy and FUN!
Without the right tools, artist statements can be intimidating to write. We've all encountered those confusing, eye-rolling statements. I get it; putting words to your deeply personal and complex ideas can feel daunting. But a good artist statement will help your audience connect with your art, understand your creative drive, and get genuinely excited about your work.
A good artist statement is your artistic mission statement–as Simon Sinek says, "People don't buy what you do; they buy why you do it."
Your artist statement is your 'why' in black and white—why you pour your heart and soul into your art, and why your customers should care.
Still not convinced?
Here are just a few examples of when you need an artist statement:
- On your website – to showcase why your work is remarkable.
- When applying for grants and exhibitions – your artist statement speaks for you when you're not around
- Next to your work in galleries – your statement provides insight and context.
- At craft and art fairs – to share the unique story behind your creations.
Can't attend live? Watch the replay until Oct. 11, 2023.
Are you ready to learn how to create a clear and authentic artist statement that demystifies your art and inspires your audience?