Makers’ Spark: the pottery membership for people who want to dig into technique and substance.
Join Makers’ Spark today and get the inspiration, instruction, and expert support you crave.
In the Makers’ Spark membership, you’ll be part of a community of creative potters and ceramic artists from all around the world, who are interested in both the how and the why of making beautiful pottery.
Looking for inspiration and support in your creative journey? The Makers' Spark membership inspires you to reach new heights with your pottery, by learning new techniques and exploring new ways to express your unique creative voice.
Want to connect with other makers and learn from a bad-ass professional potter? Makers' Spark offers connection and mentorship through both real time conversation and a library of on-demand resources to acces on your own time.
So what are you waiting for? Join us today and take the first step towards finding your unique voice as an artist!
In this membership, you will get:
- One virtual workshop a month — learn new pottery techniques and expand your artistic skill-set. These workshops will be a combination of live, recorded, and guest workshops, lasting from 1-2 hours each. Plus, you'll have access to all workshop recordings for the duration of your membership! ($50+ value! for each session)
- A monthly live Q&A session — have your questions answered from an expert & learn in community with other makers, so you can continue to grow and evolve as an artist.
- Access to a professional artist and mentor who will support you throughout your journey via a weekly newsletter and monthly Q&A, so that you can be inspired to reach new heights with your work.
- Access to a private Facebook group for past students, where you can ask questions and get feedback from your peers and be part of a community of like-minded makers.
And, as an added bonus, all New Members will get ongoing access to the membership workshop library (an $1000+ value!). Library includes:
- Making & Working with Bisque Molds
- Studio Solutions
- Texture Tools
- Vases & Flower Baskets
- Multiple Mugs
- Designing Good Pots
- Handle It: A Deep Dive Into Making Handles
- Hand-Built Bowls
- Hand-Built Plates and Oval Dishes
- Layered Surfaces & Beyond Layered Surfaces
- Making Plaster Damp Boxes
- Glazing & Finishing Details
- Tiles & Wall Boxes
- Pierced Lanterns
- Hand-Built Cups 3 Ways
Guest Artist Workshops
- Designing Templates with Jen Allen
- Advanced Altering & Templates with Jen Allen
- Cut It Out with Shalya Marsh
- Put a Lid On It with Jen Allen
- Digging into Why with Sean O'Connell
Plus you'll get:
- A podcast of the month to inspire you in the studio and get your creative juices flowing.
- A yearly 20% off coupon to use towards the Professional Development Workshop of your choice.
- A bonus video lesson outlining the tools Naomi uses most in the studio.
- A copy of Naomi’s glaze and slip recipes.
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT NAOMI’S WORKSHOPS:
"Naomi has such a relaxed and down-to-earth approach to teaching and is VERY generous with all she share. Love her workshops! I have attended two so far and look forward to more. Naomi is an EXCELLENT teacher! I've learned so much from her!" Lin
“I have taken two workshops with Naomi and I learned so much at both! She is so patient and open with information and tips, which makes her so approachable for students and people learning. After those two workshops I would definitely take another workshop with Naomi!” Hannah
“I took your surface decoration workshop a while back and just wanted to thank you!! I’ve been stuck on a project for too long—your workshop was very inspiring and really helped me focus on simplifying my idea.” Heather
“Great workshop again today. It was just what I needed. I'm motivated to get in the studio and dive in again – thank you!” Gretchen
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How does the membership work?
All workshops will be available in Naomi’s School on the learning platform Thinkific. When you sign-up, an account will be created for you so you have immediate access to the bonus workshops, and all future workshops. Plus, you’ll get access to a monthly private membership Q&A session where you can ask all your questions!
How does the community work?
Currently, the community aspect of this membership will live in the existing private Naomi’s Clay Workshop Group on Facebook. Members will be encouraged to join this forum, and share images and questions using a membership-specific hashtag. This hashtag will be given priority in the group for answering questions, and work may also be featured in future newsletters.
How long do I have access to the membership workshops?
You have access to the membership workshops as long as you are a member in good standing.* This includes all future workshops that may be taught as part of the membership experience.
What if I can’t make the live workshop or Q&A time?
Don’t worry! All Q&A sessions and workshops will be recorded and you’ll have access to them for as long as you remain a member. Plus, you will be able to submit questions in advance in case you can't make the live session.
Will the price go up?
As long as you remain a member in good standing*, the price of your membership will remain the same. Plus, you’ll get access to all new benefits of the membership as the program grows! Pretty great eh?
Can I pause my membership?
Sure thing! You can pause it at any time. However, if you want to join again in the future, you’ll join at whatever the current price is. And trust us, the price will be going up.
*Good standing is defined as a member who has not missed a payment or paused their membership for any reason.
Hi, I’m Naomi Clement, I’m a ceramic artist, teacher, and creative entrepreneur! I’ve been working in clay for over 25 years, and I’ve taught workshops and exhibited my work all across Canada and the US. I have my BFA from the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design, and my MFA in Ceramics from Louisiana State University. That means I do on occasion say both y’all and eh? in the same sentence.
Today I am well known for my elegant hand-built forms and my signature rich and layered pottery surfaces. But I wasn’t always making work that felt like “mine” – it’s taken me a lot of trial and error, not to mention more than a few hundred entries into what I lovingly refer to as the “blue-steel-gallery” (aka the dumpster), to make work that I feel happy and proud of. So I know first-hand how discouraging it can be to want to make pottery that is uniquely yours, but not knowing how to get there. That’s why I’ve created the Makers' Spark pottery membership: it’s a place for makers like you who want to really dig into technique and substance.